The year 2015 is a Pay Period Leap Year; a year that will likely go by unnoticed by your employees but should not be missed by your payroll department.
Accurate time keeping is necessary for you and your organization to determine if you will have to calculate extra pay. For example, if you pay on a Thursday, this year will surely be extra pay for your employees since there are 53 Thursdays in the year. The same set of rules will apply for those of you who are paying bi-weekly.
Learn the specific details about the pay period leap year and how you should prepare for it at Wage and Hour Insights.
Working on improving employee engagement?
EPIC is an Employee Engagement software that gives you the tools and insights to create a workplace culture that encourages engagement, loyalty, and trust.
Latest posts by Dianne Shaddock (see all)
- Build the Best Team for Your Small Business - November 12, 2019
- Cross Training Staff – Doing the Right Thing For the Wrong Reasons - January 18, 2019
- Proactive Employee Management Really Boils Down To The Basics - December 21, 2015
- Office Meetings Do Not Have To Be A Productivity Time Drain If Done Right - November 17, 2015
- Proposed Changes To Employee Rights Laws: WAGE Act Bill - November 3, 2015
Leave a Reply