I truly believe (and it has been my experience) that most employees bring their best selves to work. Employees are generally very committed to doing a great job for the organization and in many cases will go above and beyond to ensure that the company is successful.
But the reality is that as a manager, you will be faced with managing staff who may not be engaged or aligned with your business culture or process. Some of the most challenging types of employee issues to tackle are tied to tricky but coachable behaviors.
The article 5 Problem Employees That Bring Down Companies – And How to Fix Them profiles some of these difficult employee personality types and proposes ways in which you can identify and hopefully salvage employees whose personalities fall into five problem employee categories:
Working on improving employee engagement?
EPIC is an Employee Engagement software that gives you the tools and insights to create a workplace culture that encourages engagement, loyalty, and trust.
- The whiner
- The praise seeker
- The chronically late employee
- The uncooperative employee
- The clueless employee
You can read more on the author’s premise here.
Latest posts by Dianne Shaddock (see all)
- Build the Best Team for Your Small Business - November 12, 2019
- Cross Training Staff – Doing the Right Thing For the Wrong Reasons - January 18, 2019
- Proactive Employee Management Really Boils Down To The Basics - December 21, 2015
- Office Meetings Do Not Have To Be A Productivity Time Drain If Done Right - November 17, 2015
- Proposed Changes To Employee Rights Laws: WAGE Act Bill - November 3, 2015
Leave a Reply