The Department of Labor will be leading the charge in support of several presidential mandates on behalf of workers that every employer should be aware of.
Dedria Harper Kolb, Associate at Nexsen Pruet highlights the changes in the article, Employers Beware: Pay Changes Underway:
- Increase in the minimum wage payable by federal contractors and subcontractors
- Change in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) “white collar” exemptions
- Equal pay initiatives for federal contractors
For more details, read Employers Beware: Pay Changes Underway.
Working on improving employee engagement?
EPIC is an Employee Engagement software that gives you the tools and insights to create a workplace culture that encourages engagement, loyalty, and trust.
The following two tabs change content below.
President and Founder at Easy Small Business HR
Get more tips on interviewing, hiring, managing and engaging your employees. Dianne Shaddock is the President of Easy Small Business HR, Employee Hiring and Managing Tips and the author of the eGuides, "How To Supervise: What Your Boss Never Told You Before You Took the Job", A Step-By-Step Guide For New and Seasoned Managers and "How To Find and Hire the Best Employees".
Latest posts by Dianne Shaddock (see all)
- Build the Best Team for Your Small Business - November 12, 2019
- Cross Training Staff – Doing the Right Thing For the Wrong Reasons - January 18, 2019
- Proactive Employee Management Really Boils Down To The Basics - December 21, 2015
- Office Meetings Do Not Have To Be A Productivity Time Drain If Done Right - November 17, 2015
- Proposed Changes To Employee Rights Laws: WAGE Act Bill - November 3, 2015
Leave a Reply