Many employees think that doing a good job at a particular task or series of tasks is all that it should take to prove to their manager that they are ready for and deserving of career advancement opportunities.
Doing a good job is just not enough these days.
When considering employees that managers want to invest in, managers look for employees who:
Working on improving employee engagement?
EPIC is an Employee Engagement software that gives you the tools and insights to create a workplace culture that encourages engagement, loyalty, and trust.
1. Have the ability to take initiative without always being told what needs to be done.
2. Have an understanding that taking initiative is important, yet that also recognize when the manager should be consulted.
3. Are viewed as a valued and consistent resource to the team and to co-workers and clients.
4. Are diplomatic, even in uncomfortable or challenging situations.
5. Are able to get results, even under challenging circumstances.
Excerpt from the online workshop: From Invisible To Invincible: Career Advancement Success. Learn proven, actionable career advancement strategies and get the opportunities that you deserve.
Latest posts by Dianne Shaddock (see all)
- Build the Best Team for Your Small Business - November 12, 2019
- Cross Training Staff – Doing the Right Thing For the Wrong Reasons - January 18, 2019
- Proactive Employee Management Really Boils Down To The Basics - December 21, 2015
- Office Meetings Do Not Have To Be A Productivity Time Drain If Done Right - November 17, 2015
- Proposed Changes To Employee Rights Laws: WAGE Act Bill - November 3, 2015
Leave a Reply