Managers who want to stay ahead of the 8 ball when it comes to strategies for improving employee retention will find the article from USA Today, “Training is Key to Worker Retention, Company Competitiveness” a “must read”. Anita Bruzzese shares a snapshot on employee training as a way to retain workers through the lens of one company that has used staff training successfully as a tool for improving employee satisfaction and worker retention:
As the economy starts to improve, more workers who have felt overworked and underpaid may be ready to jump ship.
But in looking for greener grass, where will these employees land?
Working on improving employee engagement?
EPIC is an Employee Engagement software that gives you the tools and insights to create a workplace culture that encourages engagement, loyalty, and trust.
A good bet is that workers will look not only for better paychecks, but for companies where they can grow their individual talents. After the job market of the past several years, workers are more aware than ever that they need to keep their skills up to date if they want to stay viable in the marketplace.
For companies, the improving economy means that they will be competing more and more for top talent, especially in industries such as high tech where employers may use big bonuses or other perks to attract and retain employees. (Continued)
Latest posts by Dianne Shaddock (see all)
- Build the Best Team for Your Small Business - November 12, 2019
- Cross Training Staff – Doing the Right Thing For the Wrong Reasons - January 18, 2019
- Proactive Employee Management Really Boils Down To The Basics - December 21, 2015
- Office Meetings Do Not Have To Be A Productivity Time Drain If Done Right - November 17, 2015
- Proposed Changes To Employee Rights Laws: WAGE Act Bill - November 3, 2015
Leave a Reply