Statistics show that workplace theft is a serious issue and the impact of theft on small businesses in particular can be devastating.
According to “Employee Theft Solutions” a division of the Shulman Center which specializes in employee theft:
- The FBI calls employee theft “the fastest growing crime in America!”
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce estimates that 75% of employees steal from the workplace and that most do so repeatedly.
- One third of all U.S. corporate bankruptcies are directly caused by employee theft.
- The Boston Globe and Denver Post newspapers recently reported that U.S. companies lose nearly $400 billion per year in lost productivity due to “time theft”
- The American Society of Employers estimates that 20% of every dollar earned by a U.S. company is lost to employee theft.
As you can see, employee theft is a very serious and widespread issue that can cripple an organization.
Working on improving employee engagement?
EPIC is an Employee Engagement software that gives you the tools and insights to create a workplace culture that encourages engagement, loyalty, and trust.
In an upcoming blog post, I’ll share with you several helpful resources that focus on tips for preventing workplace theft.
Latest posts by Dianne Shaddock (see all)
- Build the Best Team for Your Small Business - November 12, 2019
- Cross Training Staff – Doing the Right Thing For the Wrong Reasons - January 18, 2019
- Proactive Employee Management Really Boils Down To The Basics - December 21, 2015
- Office Meetings Do Not Have To Be A Productivity Time Drain If Done Right - November 17, 2015
- Proposed Changes To Employee Rights Laws: WAGE Act Bill - November 3, 2015