Statistics show that workplace theft is a serious issue and the impact of theft on small businesses in particular can be devastating.
According to “Employee Theft Solutions” a division of the Shulman Center which specializes in employee theft:
- The FBI calls employee theft “the fastest growing crime in America!”
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce estimates that 75% of employees steal from the workplace and that most do so repeatedly.
- One third of all U.S. corporate bankruptcies are directly caused by employee theft.
- The Boston Globe and Denver Post newspapers recently reported that U.S. companies lose nearly $400 billion per year in lost productivity due to “time theft”
- The American Society of Employers estimates that 20% of every dollar earned by a U.S. company is lost to employee theft.
As you can see, employee theft is a very serious and widespread issue that can cripple an organization.
In an upcoming blog post, I’ll share with you several helpful resources that focus on tips for preventing workplace theft.
You May Also Like:
Latest posts by Dianne Shaddock (see all)
- How Does The Same Sex Marriage Ruling Affect The Employer Administration Of The FMLA? - August 24, 2015
- Are You Making These Common Employee Pay Mistakes? - April 28, 2015
- Yes, You Can Engage and Motivate Your Employees without Raising their Pay - April 21, 2015
- What Is The Subminimum Wage? - April 14, 2015
- “Leasing” HR and Payroll Professionals- An Alternative Hiring Strategy - April 7, 2015