Statistics show that workplace theft is a serious issue and the impact of theft on small businesses in particular can be devastating.
According to “Employee Theft Solutions” a division of the Shulman Center which specializes in employee theft:
- The FBI calls employee theft “the fastest growing crime in America!”
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce estimates that 75% of employees steal from the workplace and that most do so repeatedly.
- One third of all U.S. corporate bankruptcies are directly caused by employee theft.
- The Boston Globe and Denver Post newspapers recently reported that U.S. companies lose nearly $400 billion per year in lost productivity due to “time theft”
- The American Society of Employers estimates that 20% of every dollar earned by a U.S. company is lost to employee theft.
As you can see, employee theft is a very serious and widespread issue that can cripple an organization.
In an upcoming blog post, I’ll share with you several helpful resources that focus on tips for preventing workplace theft.
Latest posts by Dianne Shaddock (see all)
- Revisting the Office Romance – What Employers Can Do To Reduce Liability - December 9, 2013
- The 10 Practices That Differentiate Great Supervisors From The Rank and File - December 6, 2013
- Is Your Company Dress Code Policy Too Old School? - December 2, 2013
- Employer Tips: Dealing With Substance Abuse Issues At Work - November 14, 2013
How Do You Realistically Improve Employee Productivity - Don’t Over Think It- November 7, 2013