Transcript of ESBHR Podcast #2: Want To Hire The Best? Pick Up The Phone!
Listen to the audio
Hiring the best employee starts with being proactive on the front end of the pre-hire process. Consider screening candidates by phone first. Face to face interviews should be reserved for only those candidates whose work experience and skills compliment the job that you are trying to fill.
Working on improving employee engagement?
EPIC is an Employee Engagement software that gives you the tools and insights to create a workplace culture that encourages engagement, loyalty, and trust.
Ask questions that allow you to determine whether the candidate meets your job criteria. Be sure to listen carefully to how the candidate answers your questions and to their overall phone presentation.
Phone screens should last anywhere from 5 – 10 minutes. Weed out those candidates that don’t meet your job criteria.
Latest posts by Dianne Shaddock (see all)
- Cross Training Staff – Doing the Right Thing For the Wrong Reasons - January 18, 2019
- Proactive Employee Management Really Boils Down To The Basics - December 21, 2015
- Office Meetings Do Not Have To Be A Productivity Time Drain If Done Right - November 17, 2015
- Proposed Changes To Employee Rights Laws: WAGE Act Bill - November 3, 2015
- Why It Is Important to Distinguish Interns From Employees – Especially In Cases of Unpaid Interns - October 27, 2015